Estate Planning Paralegal
Please read all the way to the end of this post for specific application instructions.
Calling all estate planning paralegals! Do you want to work at an amazing law firm with a great culture, where all employees are encouraged to grow, thrive, and live their best lives? Do you want the best paralegal job you’ve ever had? If so, then then this is the job for you. Monteforte Law, P.C., is seeking an experienced estate planning paralegal for our growing and successful firm, located in Woburn, MA. The opportunity is a full-time position with no possibility of remote work.
Who We Are:
We are an estate planning and elder law firm that takes a different approach to helping our clients. At Monteforte Law, P.C., we focus on developing estate plans for high-earning individuals, high-net-worth families, and business owners. We also assist retirees with trusts, Medicaid planning, and protecting assets from long-term care costs. We specialize in Wills, Trusts, asset protection, wealth preservation, MassHealth Medicaid applications, and other areas of elder law such as guardianship and conservatorship.
Is this role a good fit for you? Well, here is what we are looking for in an estate planning paralegal:
- Someone who is dedicated to their work and is willing to go the extra step to make sure the work is done correctly, and on time, to help manage our growing caseload.
- Someone who is compassionate, as elder law and estate planning can be sensitive work. It is important to us that the person who is coming to work with us is a person first, and a paralegal second.
- Someone who is a problem-solver and has the confidence to solve problems on their own but also knows what is within their limits to solve.
- Someone who has experience in estate planning and knows the terminology.
- Someone who has experience drafting with Wealth Counsel and/or Elder Counsel.
- You must be a certified paralegal to apply.
What does a typical day look like? Job responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting our attorneys in the drafting of estate planning documents including Last Will and Testament, trusts, health care proxies, power of attorneys, living Wills, deeds, trustee certificates, and other estate planning and elder law documents.
- Meeting with clients for document signing appointments.
- Meeting with clients to answer questions and discuss documents.
- Having direct contact with clients via phone, video, and in-person.
- Drafting complex Trusts.
- Work closely with our attorneys.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, set reasonable priorities, and manage time and deadline-driven workload.
- Perform duties with due diligence and a proactive approach.
You will stand out if
- You have 2+ years experience with estate planning and/or elder law.
- You have experience using Wealth Counsel and/or Elder Counsel.
- You are a Massachusetts Notary.
The nitty-gritty details:
We don’t believe that paralegals should be locked in a backroom somewhere, grinding away, and never seeing the light of day! We want our paralegal to have continuous contact with clients and form relationships with them! We would like to fill this position by the beginning of February 2022, but we can be patient in the hiring process. We believe that our most valuable asset is our employees, and we assembled a great group here with an even better culture.
This is not a remote opportunity. We are looking for someone who can be in our Woburn office Monday through Friday. We are open Monday – Thursday 8 AM to 5 PM. Fridays we are open 8 AM to 4 PM. You will never have you work a weekend, as we see those as family days only.
The salary for this position is $45,000.
As mentioned earlier, we are an estate planning and elder law firm. These are the only practice areas at our firm, which is why we are great at what we do. We have a very strong reputation and plenty of five-star reviews to back it up. Check out our law firm at www.MonteforteLaw.com. We have a number of videos on YouTube that you can view as well, that will show you a bit more about our firm. Monteforte Law is built so that people like you can thrive. People who work here are given every tool needed to be successful and grow professionally as well as personally. Interested candidates are required to send their resumes and a cover letter explaining why this position and our firm are a right fit by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, your application will not be reviewed.